PracaGrupypl.praca.dyskusje › Pytanko o Central City Software

  • 1. Data: 2003-03-24 16:20:48
    Temat: Pytanko o Central City Software
    Od: m...@p...onet.pl

    Witam wszystkich. Ostatnio na różnych stronach internetowych z ogłoszeniami
    "dam pracę" figuruje oferta firmy Central City Software, kierowana do
    programistów MS Access. Czy ktoś może miał z tą firmą do czynienia i mógłby się
    podzielić swoimi wrażeniami? Dzięki. Pozdrawiam. Mirek

    --
    Wysłano z serwisu OnetNiusy: http://niusy.onet.pl

  • 2. Data: 2003-03-26 15:03:08
    Temat: Re: Pytanko o Central City Software
    Od: "mkpriv" <m...@f...onet.pl>

    Tez bylem zainteresowany, dostalem takiego maila:

    In our work, we use an application ?framework? and employ coding practices
    (naming conventions, etc.) which we are very strict in applying to make our
    code appear and function in the same and predictable way, regardless of the
    developer. I would not blame any developer who had strong ideas and would
    not want to work under this level of control. However, because of the way we
    work, whilst we respect you, we wouldn?t be able to work with you.

    This framework makes extensive use of object orientation. Whilst not
    claiming that it is the best, and certainly not the only way of doing
    things, it works to deliver commercial solutions to our clients.

    It has been my experience that someone at your level of experience will take
    2-3 months (part-time) to adapt to using this ?framework?. During this time,
    it is necessary for us to spend some time looking through and commenting on
    your work, so we do have to invest our time in you during this period.

    Normally, we don?t offer payment for this learning period, as we don?t know
    who will be left at the end. However, we would consider ?ex-gratia?
    hardship payments to those who have shown good progress and a lot of
    potential if they can?t quite reach the end of the learning time without any
    money.

    Once you are ?up to speed? with the framework, then we have an unending
    stream of work. The pay-rates are:

    First semi-professional work (first couple of weeks) - $1.50per hour

    Second semi-professional/fully-professional work (second couple weeks) -
    $3.00 per hour

    Professional work - $5.00 per hour

    So if you are working full-time, you should be making $800-$1000 per month.
    If you are even more ambitious, then we have management opportunities where
    you are able to ?write your own pay check?.

    The reason for this sliding scale is that your early work, even after going
    through the framework, takes an enormous amount of effort from us to get to
    a deliverable UK standard.

    Because of the time taken before you of commercial use to us, if you are
    currently unemployed, and looking for an immediate full-time job, this offer
    may not be for you.

    If you currently have a full-time job and you are looking to moonlight,
    although we have no way of knowing from the UK at the start, we would be
    able to detect it from your responses. Therefore, we would discourage it,
    unless you have a clear plan of how you are going to allocate your time.

    If you are self-employed, with a few clients of your own, and you would like
    to fit our work around your own, then that?s OK, especially if you have a
    professional approach to allocating your time.

    However, those who are prepared to dedicate their whole time to us, and our
    clients, will be given preferable treatment and we will make a terrific
    effort to keep you constantly employed.

    If you are still interested then let me know and we can take it further.

  • 3. Data: 2003-03-28 10:10:49
    Od: m...@p...onet.pl

    "mkpriv" <m...@f...onet.pl> wrote in message
    > Tez bylem zainteresowany, dostalem takiego maila:
    [...]

    > Once you are ?up to speed? with the framework, then we have an unending
    > stream of work. The pay-rates are:
    >
    > First semi-professional work (first couple of weeks) - $1.50per hour
    >
    > Second semi-professional/fully-professional work (second couple weeks) -
    > $3.00 per hour
    >
    > Professional work - $5.00 per hour

    No tak, to wyjaśnia dlaczego ten pan poszukuje tak intensywnie programistów
    w Polsce. W jego ojczystym kraju pewnie musiałby zapłacić 20$-40$/h a tu jak
    już raczy Cię uznać za profesjonalistę płaci 5$. I co, wchodzisz w to?
    Pozdrawiam. Mirek

    --
    Wysłano z serwisu OnetNiusy: http://niusy.onet.pl

  • 4. Data: 2003-03-29 16:38:47
    Od: j...@o...pl

    > Witam wszystkich. Ostatnio na różnych stronach internetowych z ogłoszeniami
    > "dam pracę" figuruje oferta firmy Central City Software, kierowana do
    > programistów MS Access. Czy ktoś może miał z tą firmą do czynienia i mógłby
    się
    > podzielić swoimi wrażeniami? Dzięki. Pozdrawiam. Mirek

    A możecie mi powiedzieć jaka jest ich stronka ?

    Pozdrawiam,
    JetSetWilly

    --
    Wysłano z serwisu OnetNiusy: http://niusy.onet.pl